Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Beginnings, New Purposes

   Just a heads up to anyone who finds themselves reading this: it's my first time blogging, so please be patient with me. :) I've thought of starting one several times over the years, but never got around to it. Since it's the beginning of a new year, I figured now was as good of a time as any. The purpose of this blog is to share the journey of my pursuit to be more Christlike - in my thoughts, attitudes, actions, words, etc. Although I've been on this journey for a number of years (a decade and a half, now that I think of it...my goodness!), I decided that I'm going to be very intentional about my relationship with the Lord this year. I've come to realize, really and truly, that nothing matters more in this world. While many other things have real importance, this takes priority.
   Once I go back to school next week, I don't know how often I'll be able to post; for now, the goal is at least once a week. The plan is to share encouragements I've received from my devotional times with the Lord, any pertinent life lessons I've learned, and anything else that is relevant to the title of the blog (if I don't hold myself to that, who knows what you'll end up reading.) The hope is to, in turn, encourage and build up anyone who cares to read what the Lord lays on my heart to share.
   To close, a passage from Isaiah that I have cherished these last several months.
"Listen to me, ...you whom I have upheld since your birth, and have carried since you were born. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. ...Remember this, keep it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’ From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do. Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are now far from my righteousness. I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel." (46:3-4, 8-13)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new blogging venture Jean! I look forward to reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete